Hair loss in men or alopecia occurs when the hair cells called keratin that is produced in the follicles degenerate . This commonly occurs at the age of 40 , but can start as early as a person’s teens due to hereditary factors. Apart from undertaking surgical procedures , there are different other methods to fight against men’s hair loss . The level of effectiveness varies from one person to another depending on physiology.
1. Food and food supplements. Alopecia or men’s hair loss can also be attributed to improper nutrition. Nourish the scalp with vitamins and minerals that stimulate hair growth, and consult a specialist for a dose of supplements.
• Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant that has been proven to improve blood circulation, thus promoting growth of new hair .
• Vitamin C – another antioxidant that works with Vitamin E to protect tissues and hair growth. You can get it in citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits.
• Zinc – an essential mineral required by all cells in the body, zinc helps boosts keratin production.
• Omega 3 fatty acids – essential fish oil containing powerful compounds that can prevent keratin degeneration.
2. Herbal supplements. Herbs contain essential nutrients that help figth the causes of hair loss. Specialists of holistic medicine incorporate dosage of herbal supplements to restore health and balance in the hair follicles.
• Amla – a powerful hair growth enhancer from India. It helps redefine lost hairline, and suppresses premature greying of hair.
• Wild yam root – also called China root or colic root, it helps in balancing the production of hair hormones.
• Saw palmetto – it is used for treating hair problems and other serious diseases. It reduces hair fall by blocking the enzyme responsible for the excess production of DHT.
• Lycium – it contains all the vitamins, minerals, beta carotene, and amino acids needed to stimulate hair growth.
3. Relaxation activities. Hair loss in men can also be caused by stress. You can choose from the many forms of mental physical relaxation such as yoga, massage, and meditation.
4. Commercial Products. Lots of hair loss products ranging from shampoos to creams, prescribed and over-the-counter, are available in the market today. Get help from advertisements and product reviews.
5. Medication. Hair loss in men brought about by fungal infections can easily be reversed through the use of antibiotics. Fungi release toxins in the follicles and impede in hair growth. It is imperative to consult a specialist to ensure the right dosage.